Distribution & Collection
After grassroots marketing at local gathering places and homeless shelters, disposable cameras will be distributed to the first 100 participants.
- Photographers will receive instruction on using the cameras.
- Basic photography tips will be shared.
- Creativity will be unleashed over five days.
Photographers will return the cameras, register for the photography contest, enjoy a meal and receive a gift from our volunteers.
A team of judges will review each photograph based on image quality, composition, subject matter, and storytelling. Those top entries will be displayed at a month-long art show in a gallery for the community to interact with.
- Top 20 entries will be displayed.
- The community will be invited to vote on the images by dropping money in the lockbox of their favorite photos.
- Top 3 entries will win beneficial prizes specific to the needs of the individual.
We care deeply about the organizations that serve the homeless in our community. To show our gratitude and to provide for their financial needs, we will be auctioning off each of the top 20 photographs.
- Images will be listed in an online auction for people to take home a piece of the project.
- Guests will have the opportunity to bid on their favorite works of art.
- 100% of the proceeds will be distributed to local organizations to help them better serve the homeless in their community.